Thursday 30 May 2013

Onto the 2012's....

These were both painted in 2012, also inspired from different photographs.

\
The painting above is of a Canadian landscape and it was my second painting by palette knife.. (you could say my first legitimate one as the painting in the previous post was much smaller, simpler and less detailed) I remember having trouble in the middle of the process.. I had to redo the further rock-mass a million times before I was satisfied. haha




 After spending nearly forrrrrevvverrr perfecting the rocks above, I decided to try something new and paint (using a brush) these flowers. Although they came out nice... this was when I discovered that painting precise details (with shading and gradient and all) was totally NOT my thing. I was in a bit of a standstill with this painting because painting the same flower over and over again got pretty tedious and a little bit boring... oh well :P


No comments:

Post a Comment