Saturday 12 April 2014

The second and third pieces I ever painted

Painted in 2011. I still need to photograph the first painting I ever painted at my current studio (which would be the start of this whole process). Its great to see how far I've come as an artist and how I've really developed my own technique, style, and skill set.

Above is a painting of Nicky, my dear budgie who passed away in 2010. 


This is a 'creative' project I did. I remember how much I struggled with coming up with creative decoration for the silhouette's head. This painting is actually very similar to my latest completed work (in the post below)... they are both blank female profiles with 'fantasy' headpieces. I really like the concept of this work... I just can't believe I signed my name in such an inartistic and, well, ugly, way! oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment